THE REPUBLIC – FIRST CRUISER SSD
(PXR1.1) REPUBLIC FIRST CRUISER (FCA):
The mainstay of the Republic Fleet in its very early formative years. At the time, the Republic First Cruiser was a formidable ship, able to withstand a significant amount of punishment and more than capable of defending itself. The Kinetic Torpedoes were the pride of the Republic during this era, capable of knocking down an enemy vessel’s shield with one strike. The Republic First Cruiser’s Phaser-V’s firing arcs were also noteworthy; the ship could bring five Phaser-V’s to bear at a forward oblique angle. The Republic First Cruiser had enough warp and impulse to both move during battle and keep its weapons fully armed. The Republic commissioned many variants of the First Cruiser, each designed for a specific role. History would show that some of these variants were successful, while others were not.
1) Kinetic Torpedoes are armed over two turns.
2) Standard Kinetic Torpedoes cost one point of energy on the first turn and one point of energy on the second turn.
3) Overloaded Kinetic Torpedoes cost one point of energy on the first turn and two points of energy on the second turn.
4) Double Overloaded Kinetic Torpedoes cost one point of energy on the first turn and three points of energy on the secon turn.
5) Standard Kinetic Torpedoes can be held at a cost of one point per turn.
6) Overloaded Kinetic Torpedoes can be held at a cost of two points per turn.
7) Double Overloaded Kinetic Torpedoes cannot be held.
8) Kinetic Torpedoes are destroyed on Torpedo hits on the DAC.
1) It costs one point of energy to fire a Phaser-V.
2) Phaser-V’s do *Not* have a Capacitor.